Sunday, February 17, 2019

Shattered..!

Happened to catch a last bus on the day to home. It was an auspicious day it seems, many wedding receptions held at the evening and everywhere people in their extra ordinary fittings. Hectic traffic jam at the evening. Since it was last bus, it's packed.

En route, a marriage hall located near bus stop. There many boys boarded, all must be in high school level. As soon as they entered we all noticed that the 'liquor odour' heavily. I just shocked and looked at them every face, all in their teens. The big shock is everyone hold a soft drink bottle in their hand. Whenever they opened up, we all smelt the spirit. It is easy to understand that the soft drink is mixed up with liquor.

An old person asked them Were they drunk? innocently. The boy told him "Naturally, our classmate's sister is getting married. He only gifted us this special drink bottle".  Now the crowd got a topic to discuss! One person started saying "Nowadays all started drinking invariably gender and age". The other one curious to know "When you reach home, don't they notice by odour?"

The boy's reply shattered me. "My dad must be at home now. He always reach home at night with the same smell. And he only allowed me take small drink at parties-occasionally. Now, I am in class 10. In PUC I will be allowed once in month a can of beer. My dad has promised me..!" Nobody got surprised by hearing and a person next to me "Good that what his dad did. Any way these boys will drink with their friends nowadays. Why unnecessarily hide from home. It is better to allow them rather than hide and get caught of it."

Parenting has got a new dimension..?!

No comments: